The ENMAN Group (“ENMAN”) is committed to achieving and maintaining excellence in all aspects of its operations. ENMAN recognises and accepts the mandate to conduct its activities in a responsible manner and will, so far as it is reasonably practicable, provide a system of work that protects the health and safety of its own employees, visitors, sub-contractors and the public and at the same time minimises the impact of its activities on the environment. We also recognise that all injuries are preventable.
The accountability for achieving these objectives is vested in the level of Operations Manager. To achieve excellence in our business and work environment, the commitment and co-operation of all management, staff, sub-contractors and visitors is essential.
We recognise the fact that good health, safety and environment (“HSE”) management has positive benefits to the organisation and that commitment to a high level of HSE performance makes good business sense. It also recognises that HSE management is an essential function, and must therefore continually improve, update and adapt to changes.
In order to support this Policy, ENMAN will:
- Develop, implement and maintain the ENMAN Group Internal Policies;
- Promote and maintain high awareness of workplace Hazards, the Risks associated with them and the techniques to render risks as low as reasonably practicable;
- Encourage the development, implementation and use of industry best practice;
- Ensure that employees are competent to conduct their specified tasks;
- Improve awareness of all HSE matters among employees and sub-contractors;
- Specify Positive Performance Indicators, set objectives, regularly review performance and recognise excellence;
- Maintain an incident and near miss reporting system that allows analysis of losses or potential losses and facilitates dissemination of the recommendations to prevent recurrence across the Company;
- Conduct regular audits and inspections of company, and where applicable, sub-contractor facilities;
- Conduct our business operations to ensure minimal negative impact on the environment though prevention and conservation and by continuously improving best practices;
- Promote reducing, reusing and recycling and then treating and disposing of waste in an environmentally friendly manner;
- Comply with all statutory requirements for environmental matters and will take environmental impact into account when making decisions.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement.
ENMAN will take all practicable steps to fulfill the following:
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of all its employees whilst at work;
- To ensure that employees, visitors and others are adequately informed of identified risks and where appropriate receive the relevant information, instruction, training and supervision.
- To maintain work equipment in a safe state and provide both safe systems of work and a safe working environment for employees, visitors and others.
- To maintain arrangements for ensuring safe use, handling, storage and transport of all personnel and equipment.
- To maintain clear procedures for action to be taken in the event of an emergency;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health;
- To prevent pollution;
- Monitor the environmental impact of our activities closely and respond promptly and efficiently in the event of an incident;
- To manage our resource use to save energy and reduce waste;
- To consult with employees and other stakeholders on HSE matters;
All employees and sub-contractors for their part will be required to:
- Comply with or exceed relevant standards specified by statute, industry or ENMAN’s Internal Policies;
- Contribute to the planning process, actively participate in assisting the company in achieving its stated goals and targets;
- Actively participate in the reporting and subsequent investigation of all accidents, incidents, hazards and near misses that have the potential to impact on the operations;
- Proactively propose innovative processes or methods to further minimise risk and communicate these methods as appropriate;
- Accept responsibility for protecting themselves, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by their activities;
- To maintain a consistently high level of environment impact awareness and to conduct themselves in a manner which ensures their actions have a negligible impact on the environment.
- To be mindful of ENMAN’s HSE procedures and ensure that all sub-contractors and employees adhere to the policies.
Donald Baldeosingh, Group CEO
This HSE Policy Statement is considered by the Directors to be a primary Company objective Our CEO is ultimately responsible and has committed ENMAN to having regard for Health, Safety & the Environment in everything we do.The HSE policy is reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant and that its understanding and enforcement are effective.